Summer Day Camp Director
|Description||Select, design and prepare curriculum for the summer program in conjunction with the Director of MYP
• Supervisor a staff of 6-8 summer staff who serve as teachers for the summer program
• Design and lead Children’s Ministry department orientation
• Plan and implement weekly staff meetings
• Receive weekly lesson plans from staff, comment and instruct
• Hold staff accountable for excellence and safety in the classrooms, playground or during any recreational activities.
• Periodic “review” visits to the classrooms
• Responsible for overall operations of the center.
• Opening/closing the building
• Reception desk, answering the telephone
• Fiscal operations of fees, bookkeeping and attendance records
• Accurate computer records of all registrations [database]
• Purchasing materials, snacks, paper products, etc.
|Requirements||Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma. Experience working with children through VBS, Sunday school or certified teacher. Christian educations or Early childhood education is preferred.
Must have excellent leadership skills. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills a must, able to interact with a variety of personality types are required; ability to communicate appropriately to client (of all ages) and staff requests, able to make a presentation on a one-to-one basis or before a group. Ability to respond to common inquiries from fellow staff or customers/guest.
Organization Skills: Able to prioritize tasks, multi-task and organize daily activity. Able to allocate time efficiently.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables I situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Basic computer skills. Ability to work independently, or with a partner. Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
Knowledge & training in Safe Sanctuaries is extremely helpful.
|Pay||To be determined.|
|Contact||Karen Kirby, Director of Human Resources at Lake Junaluska Assembly.
MYP Administrative Assistant
Lake Junaluska Assembly